Audit Staff Accountant – Kirkland, WA
Great benefits. Great people. Great clients.
VWC is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Audit team! For more than 40 years, VWC-CPA has had our heads down, working hard, helping our clients to succeed—however they define that. We’re people, helping people improve their businesses, their family circumstances, their lives. We want to make a difference that you’ll notice somewhere other than a spreadsheet. We’re advisors, sounding boards, like that one really sharp friend of yours. When other accountants are mentally clocking billable time, we’re grabbing a coffee to settle in and listen.
If our style sounds like a welcome change from your past audit experience, check us out. We are excited to hear more about you and have you learn more about what sets us apart. https://www.vwc-cpa.com/about-us/
The Audit Staff Accountant supports the audit team with client engagements. This includes day to day audit activities such as budget management, completing financial statements, regulatory compliance and problem-solving complex issues.
About the work:
- Support with the compilation and review of client audit engagements. This includes everything from preparing financial statements, monitoring budgets, and preparing workpapers, all under the eyes of more senior team members.
- We are all a team and rooting for one another. Our Audit Seniors help to train and support more junior staff to help develop their skillset so they can one day take that next step in their career.
- Of course, you will get to work with and build relationships with great people!
- Bachelors degree in accounting.
- Must be eligible to take CPA exam
- Adept knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office including complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and have an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues at all levels in the organization and externally with clients.
- Ability to be a team player and collaborate with other team members in the organization.
- Ability to pass a background check (includes criminal and credit) upon receiving and accepting an employment offer.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a rich benefit plan including multiple medical plan choices, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement benefits. We cover the cost of insurance for the employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: