Staff Accountant – Kirkland, WA
Great benefits. Great people. Great clients.
VWC, a local CPA firm is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join our team.
VWC CPAs and Business Managers is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable staff accountant to support our clients on the Business Management team. VWC has been providing boutique and personalized outsourced accounting services for businesses and high net worth individuals for more than 40 years. Our clients include solo musicians, bands, actors, producers, high net worth family office clients and more.
As the Staff Accountant, you will support the account managers by performing tasks such as AP, AR, Bank Reconciliations, Financials, and more. This role will support 25-30 clients, each with their own unique service needs, processes, and procedures. This role is more than just data entry – we need someone who can think critically about the work and communicate with the account managers to ensure we are delivering exceptional service to our clients. This is NOT a remote position.
About the work:
- Assist with client bookkeeping tasks including but not limited to; AR, AP, PR, GL, and daily/weekly/monthly journal entries according to each client’s unique needs, processes, and procedures.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Classify, allocate, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records.
- Process incoming mail, scanning and paperless filing
- Take bank deposits to bank as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date vendor information in the accounting software, including address, phone, email and W-9s.
- Maintain all functions of accounting which include, but are not limited to: monthly reconciliations, monthly financial statements, Banking and cash management.
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll process; including but not limited to PTO, taxes and file maintenance, and compliance.
- Payroll and business taxes including but not limited to: 941, 940, W-2, W-3, L&I, SUTA, State & local B&O tax, 1099/1096.
- Juggle multiple projects or tasks at once and be prepared to take on something new with only a moment’s notice.
- Support two or more account managers and become an expert on the day-to-day activities of 25-30 clients.
- Daily tracking of billable time to accurately allocate to each client.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business or related area.
- 2 years of experience in accounting OR 5 years of experience in accounting in lieu of a degree.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle to take bank deposits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and QuickBooks.
- Ability to pass a bookkeeping test.
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and have an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate at all levels in the organization and externally with clients.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to pass a background check (includes criminal and credit) upon receiving and accepting an employment offer.
What’s in it for you?
- The wage range for this position is $36 – $43.27 depending on experience
- VWC offers the following benefits to employees 1st of the month following the date of hire:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability, EAP, and a safe harbor 401k match.
- VWC pays the total premium for the plans for employees. You may add dependents on a self-pay basis.
- Additionally, employees are eligible to accrue up to 160 hours of PTO each year.
- The Company is closed for 7 holidays and offers 2 additional Floating Holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: