Accounting Clerk – Kirkland, WA
Great benefits. Great people. Great clients.
VWC, a local CPA firm is seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk to join the Business Management team.
For more than 40 years, VWC has been working with entertainment and high net worth clients acting as their Business Manager, from solo musicians to bands, actors, producers, high net worth family office clients and more. We’re people, helping people improve the business side of their craft/life, their family circumstances, providing support in all areas of their lives. We’re advisors, sounding boards, like that one really sharp friend of yours. When other accountants are mentally clocking billable time, we’re grabbing a coffee to settle in and listen. If our style sounds like a welcome change from your past accounting/business experience, check us out. We are excited to hear more about you and have you learn more about what sets us apart. https://www.vwc-cpa.com/about-us/
The Accounting Clerk’s responsibilities include keeping client financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs to complete tasks such as accounts payable tracking expenses.
About the work:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Establish good working relationship with other team members.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and developments.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Accounting principles preferred but not required.
- QuickBooks experience preferred but not required
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Great critical thinking skills.
- Proficient with 10 key data entry
- Ability to think critically and evaluate tasks.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of computers including Microsoft office Suite.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and have an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues at all levels in the organization and externally with clients.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pass a background check (includes criminal and credit) upon receiving and accepting an employment offer.
What’s in it for you?
- The wage range for this position is $24-$36 per hour depending on experience
- VWC offers the following benefits to employees 1st of the month following the date of hire:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability, EAP, and a safe harbor 401k match.
- VWC pays the total premium for the plans for employees. You may add dependents on a self-pay basis.
- Additionally, employees are eligible to accrue up to 160 hours of PTO each year.
- The Company is closed for 7 holidays and offers 2 additional Floating Holidays.
Flexible remote work opportunity for the right candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: